AGES: The Children's ages range from 3 - 5 yrs old to encourage healthy development of empathy, social & emotional interaction and academic mastery of preschool skills. We have anywhere from 15 - 20 students and four highly skilled teachers each day.
RATIOS: The teacher to student ratio is 1 : 5. We have twenty-four students with five BA + educated Teachers.
WHOLE CHILD LEARNING CENTER IS A 4 HOUR PRESCHOOL PROGRAM. YOUR CHILD ATTENDS ACCORDING TO THE AGE GROUPS LISTED BELOW:
-AGE 3yrs SUNROOM GROUP: 8:30 - 12:30 Includes breakfast, snack, (lunch that you provide)
-AGE 3 1/2 - 4yrs MIDDLE GROUP: 9:00 - 1:00 Includes breakfast, snack, (lunch that you provide)
-AGE 4 - 5yrs PRE-K GROUP: 9:30 - 1:30 Includes breakfast, snack, (lunch that you provide)
During much of our day, all the age groups gather together, providing a wonderful foundation for building empathy and compassion, as well as strong mentors and leadership opportunities throughout the preschool community. During some of the day the youngest group have time with their two primary teachers to work on toilet learning and work in their classroom on age appropriate skills. See schedules below.
Ms. Jessica & the children during yoga
- 8:30-9:30 A family style breakfast, which includes organic & whole foods is provided by the school.
- 9:30-11:00 The children freely gather into the four learning areas (click Classrooms)
- 10:50-11:15 The Sunroom group, our youngest group, start their lunch and have a second toilet practice at 11:15.
- 11:00-11:30 The rest of the children gather for their large circle time where the children are lead in songs and movement activities, work on the "sound of the week" and learn about the current month's unit study. From time to time the Sunroom group join the circle for special guests, birthday celebrations and special performances.
- 11:30-12:15 The children head outside for games and physical activities in their play yard and children's garden.
- 12:15-12:30 The youngest group have their snack and then head home.
- 12:30-1:00 The rest of the children come in from play time for lunch. Families provide lunch for their children.
-The children who attend until 1:30 have various afternoon activities before heading home.